Saturday, August 14, 2010

Journal Jar Prompt Number 012

Hey everybody! I'm back again for today with probably a couple more posts. So right now I'm going to talk about another simple pleasure of mine. In case some people reading haven't been following, I used random.org to pick a prompt. It told me to make 14 separate posts about 14 different simple pleasures of mine. I've done 7 so far, and I'm hoping to complete several more today. Also, I've actually been posting more than once a day... I just am enjoying it so much that I can't help myself!!

Simple Pleasure #8: Exercise. Exercise? You may ask why I like to exercise... there are a lot of people that hate it. Well, it's not so much that I love it as much as I love the results. I'm not exactly sure how many of you guys have heard of P90X before, but it is this really intense training program. There is a 1 hour workout every day and it is really hard! But, in just one week, I gained about 3 pounds - in muscle! I'm much stronger than I was before, now that I've been doing it for about 3 weeks. It gets easier every time you do it, but even then it's still hard. For example, in the Arms and Back workout, if you do as many chin ups as they do (somewhere around 20 each time), by the time the entire workout is completed, you oftentimes have completed more than 120 pull - ups!! Crazy isn't it? And I thought I was in shape before I started this... apparently not! Well, long story short, they've had reviews from really fit guys... think personal trainers, runners, etc, etc and they were really worn out after the first workout! as you can see, it really is intense! I don't know why I like to exercise, especially in this way, but all I know is that I do and I enjoy every moment of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment