Friday, August 13, 2010

Journal Jar Prompt Number 011

Ok, now we are on the 7 post of a series of 14. After this we are halfway there! So I've already posted 6 of the things that make my life enjoyable - my simple pleasures. This one is very similar to the last post, but it really isn't the same thing. No matter how many times you guys tell me that it is, every time I'll tell you that it is very different. I'll tell you why...

Simple Pleasure #7: Writing. Like I said before, this is very similar to my previous post about reading. I don't just do any writing however, oh no, I like to write about very specific things for very specific things. This may not make sense now, but it should by the end of this post. I do like to write stories on occasion, but I think that I've bitten off more than I could chew in the past (i.e. starting my writing with chapter books instead of short stories) but I think I've finally figured out exactly what works for me. The answer to that; what works for me, in short, is writing scripts for plays. An example of this is that right now I am working on a script for a short (approx. 20 minutes) teenage mutant ninja turtle series that me, my brothers, and a friend are going to do for youtube. I don't get bored as easily, since it is about a subject I'm interested in and it makes me feel good every time I finish writing out a scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment