Friday, August 13, 2010

Journal Jar Prompt Number 009

Well, this is my 5th simple pleasure post; I haven't been posting these pleasures in any particular order - basically I've just been thinking about things that I enjoy, the first thing coming to mind being what I post about. I'm not quite sure of the reason for this, but I do know now that what I'm about to tell you guys about is probably one of the greatest pleasures in my life - simple as it may be!

Simple Pleasure #5: Cooking. I know that there are a lot of people out there who hate to cook - absolutely, positively, hate it. I can't figure out why. I've been cooking dinner every night for my family for a while now and it never grows old. I love using the knifes, the pots and pans, the fresh ingredients - I think this is why I want to be a chef when I grow up, but you never can tell. I just think that it is so easy to do... when I'm working in the kitchen, I often loose track of time and discover that I want to be there longer. That's why the idea of working as a chef - being in the kitchen all day long is so appealing to me. I get caught up in my work and often times even forget what I was doing or even what needs to be done in the future. I've noticed that since we got new knifes, pots, etc, that I am now much quicker at chopping things. I can chop a medium onion into slices within 2 minutes and dice a small onion into a fine dice for burgers in about 3. I enjoy experimenting with different techniques and preparation experiments - often times preparing weight watchers or low fat meals. I love to cook. I want it to be my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment