Friday, August 13, 2010

Journal Jar Prompt Number 010

The next simple pleasure of mine is #6. I thought at first that thinking up all of these pleasures would be tough... a very hard thing to do. But as I'm actually sitting here posting, it seems that the more frequently I post, the easier it gets. Every time I sit down to write about a new simple pleasure that is completely and wholly mine, a new one comes to mind. I find that if I try to sit down and write them all out as a list, it's not working too well. It is working to do them one at a time - a single step forward into what seemed intimidating at first is now easy as pie.

Simple Pleasure #6: Reading. Reading is another very important part of my life. I think that the cool thing about reading is all of the different subjects out there to read about. There are books on countries, cities, animals, plants, famous people, etc. Anything that you would want to know can most likely be found in a book. One of my favorite places to be is the library. Being surrounded by all of those books just calling out to you to come and pick them up. I am most intrigued by mystery books; Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys in particular. I like how they have a plot - they aren't too easy to read, yet they don't take an amazing amount of work. When I'm reading for pleasure, I don't want to be bothered by not knowing what is going on. A book that I'm reading right now is The Hobbit by J. R. R. Tolkien. For those of you who aren't aware, The Hobbit is the book that (Tolkien) wrote before he did his famous Lord of the Rings trilogy. I haven't read that trilogy yet, or even watched the movies, but that is my next choice after this one. Also I like the Inkheart and the Eragon books. Both are trilogies.

No comments:

Post a Comment