Friday, August 13, 2010

Journal Jar Prompt Number 007

I'm back with another post. Today I want to talk about my 3rd simple pleasure in life. I'm really having a great time posting about this stuff because I feel like I can just let what I'm thinking go on the page, and that makes me feel good. Also, I feel like I am capturing a moment in time, but instead of a visual of the memory, what I'm capturing is a feeling that I have at that particular time, a couple minutes worth of thoughts caught in a net, captured in mid - air.

Simple Pleasure #3: I love to craft. I find any type of craft enjoyable, and I'm willing to try anything. Some of the crafts I've already tried and am currently working on include: card making, scrapbooking, quilting, sewing, quilling (a work of art made from rolled strips of paper), crocheting, knitting, art journaling, making ATCs (artist trading cards) or inchies (1"x1" works of art), cross stitch, jewelry making, and many, many more! I normally go in spurts; for example, right now I've been working on cards and ATCs a ton, while I used to be scrapbooking all the time. Since the right season for quilting is starting to come around (fall and winter), I'm starting to get this weird urge to quilt and to cross stitch, as well as to knit and crochet. This muggy, humid, hot weather, is not right for those types of crafts, so a lot of times I work on paper crafts during the summer. Jewelry making I really work on year round because I love to do it, and it literally never gets old to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment